Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. —1 Corinthians 12:4-7
Volunteer Resource (VR) Pages
Within this tab are sub-pages which provide info about the prerequisites, schedules and contact data for each mode of service. These are dynamic pages that are constantly updated from an efficient collection of admin spreadsheets, and can be synchronized with your life.
Service Opportunity Spotlight
This important service involves both the preparation and cleanup of communion elements to be served at the two Sunday worship services. You’ll also make sure that Christ candle is filled with oil and change altar paraments as required for the liturgical seasons. You and the other group participants pick the months you will fulfill the task, and do it for the entire month. We need two volunteers to join the service rotation now. Training will be provided, as necessary. Click here to volunteer for this worthy position.
We thank you for your commitment to fulfill the Lord’s commandment to serve Him by volunteering to help at Ascension Lutheran Church. Your service is much appreciated!
Along with the unique responsibilities that come with your specific task, we have some general guidelines which are expected of every person who volunteers at the church.
- Know your task. In addition to your training, each position has a document (available soon on your volunteer resource page) which outlines the preparations and exact steps which are expected of you to fully complete your task. If you ever have questions about situations that may arise in which you are unsure how to resolve, please relate the question to your group coordinator as soon as possible.
- Know the schedule. In addition to the table above, the resource page for your respective ministry includes an ongoing calendar of name in the rotation. We also have a schedule table in each monthly newsletter which is also posted on the bulletin board in the Social Hall.
- Be on time. If your position requires you to be here for a specific timed event or service, please arrive early and check in with the others in your particular ministry if relevant.
- Resolve your own substitutions. No one is able to do their task every time. But there is a protocol to follow when you need to make changes to the schedule. If you are unable to perform your duties on a date already scheduled, it is your responsibility to arrange a substitute. You have access to the contact data for the other volunteers in your area of service. That will be your starting point. If you are unable to contact the others for some reason, the next level of resort is your group coordinator. Always inform them and Donna McLaughlin of any schedule changes.
- Keep in touch. Let us know how you feel about your service task! We welcome your feedback, questions, concerns and ideas.
Please continue to pray that God give you peace in the knowledge that your efforts are magnifying His kingdom. We are praying for you as well.